Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fairy Cakes And My New Idea







At Make Mine Pink our annual Christmas in July Shop Hop is fast approaching and it has had me thinking about new ideas for the holidays this year. I have had friends and family putting their order in for things they would like me to make for them this year. I have always been a fan of handmade gifts but this year seems like even a better idea than most. Alot of people are under so much stress this year and I myself am being laid off very soon. So I am starting early and giving alot of thought to what special gifts I can make for friends and family this year, start early and do myself a huge favor and avoid the holiday stress before it can even start.

The idea I came up with for my Shop Hop promotion is making these gift boxes that will be free with the purchase of any of my rose jewelry. I have a few short weeks to get some of these made. Keep watching for Shop Hop details. They will be in several colors to choose from. I also made two Fairy Cakes for my Sweet Dream Bakery. these are a smaller version of the cupcake pillows. I am really getting into fairys these days. Maybe its just that its a nice thought that there is a little magic left in the world today:) Until next time....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fairy cakes...hmmm...you could add a neat recipe with it just in case it makes someone want the real thing...Martha Stewart just released a new cookbook - all cupcakes!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

PS The squirrels say HI...all 6 of them!!!!!

lisa said...

Gail

Love the new mini cupcakes, very cute. They are sure to be a hit.

Lisa

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Gail I have to hop on over to your site after this!!! Love the new cupcakes! I found a pattern just for you if you are interested...I picked up just in case...;)

Nancy said...

Hi Gail,
It's long lost Nancy! Those boxes are adorable!! What a great idea, I also love the Rose fabric on the cupcake. Another neat idea! I have a really relaxing week~end, but tomorrow back to work!
Huggs,Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Gail that box is gorgeous! Love that idea. Love your little fairy cakes too. Sweet and precious! Have a great week my friend.
love shell

Carolee Crafts said...

I love the fairy cakes and we have fairies at the bottom of our garden. In current times a little bit of fantasy can do you some good.

Snap for the Christmas gifts, always start making early, then I unpack in November and this becomes like a shopping trip.

The pink boxes are beautiful too

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Gail,
Can’t believe the we are almost in July already, what happened?? As usual all the new things you come up with are adorable, the Gift Box and the new Fairy Cupcakes are as sweet as it can be!!! Do you come and visit, if my dream come true?? It sure would be nice spending the summers over there no triple digit temps, lol!! Have a wonderful creative week!
;0) Helene

Deb said...

Your rose boxes are beautiful! Fairy cakes....these are sure to be zero calories, right? :)

Hugs,
Debbie
www.shabbycozycottage.com

Patricia said...

I love the Fairy Cakes. I love the idea of fairies and am careful to plant carefully to welcome them to my garden. It is a fun bit of whimsy to enjoy.
The boxes are gorgeous!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blopspot.com

Unknown said...

Hello Gail,

I could not agree with you more about needing magic in the world. It is there, I know it!

I love the sweet dream bakery idea. Oh ma gosh, how precious is that! The cupcakes are adorable and those who order your necklaces will never ever throw those beautiful boxes away.

Always a pleasure to come visit you. Hope your days is filled with magical surprises.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

Tedi said...

As always, everything you do is talented! Love the box, of course. I bet you sell out of everything during Christmas in July! Hugs, Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Susie said...

Hi Gail! I love your new boxes. Sure to be a huge treat with the jewelry. I love, love, love my rose bracelet and get compliments all the time. PS: The world does need more fairies and magic. I'm all for it!
hugs
Susie, The Polka Dot Rose

Kim Di Maggio said...

Your handmade is ever so pretty and you are right, when you can, handmade is just extra special. Love the fairies, too! Just put some plaques up with the prettiest fairies on our site. We need a little luck and what better way to have it delivered than by fairy?

Since you are doing smaller versions of cupcakes, will you be doing Christmas ornaments to hang from the tree?

Kim
www.roseblossomcottage.com
www.roseblossomcottage.blogspot.com