Monday, January 25, 2010

I am opening up a shop and good help is still hard to find!






I have some really exciting news. I was approached by the ladies of the Briar Patch Marketplace and invited to participate in their new venture. A brick and mortar shop in Mesa. If you are local here in AZ its on Guadalupe and Dobson. It is a partnership with the shop Tilly Attic, which has been in this location many years. I will be displaying all of my creations in my own little room and I am in the process of setting up. I am striving for the look of walking into a shabby chic bakery shop. I am really short on time as I need to be done by February 6th. There will be a special event at the store on the 7th and I need to be in place and ready to go. Wouldnt you know I would come down with something. (again!) I have been fighting a respitory infection and also now babysitting my 4 year old grandson Mikey. But despite all of that, its falling into place nicely ~ thanks to my friends :) Today I just got ahold of an antique stove for display. Here is a few of the projects I am working on. Cupcakes of all sizes, chocolate Easter bunnies too. I will have all sorts of sweet treats from ice cream cones to large layer cakes to display on a pretty cake plate. (All with zero calories!) Even my sister Stephanie will be doing some dessert paintings for your walls. I will be posting before and after photos of my "shop" within a great store!

With all of the work that needs to be done, you would think the help would be a little more, well, HELPFUL. Googars doesnt have the same excitement that I do. Silly boy. (He needs a bigger bed!) lol I will keep you posted and until next time...... gail

14 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Good for you to participate in this shop! I wish you much success. ; )
~Michele

oliviapaige said...

Gail,

That is great new! I'm sure your little "bakery shop" will be a big success!

Vera
Olivia Paige

Shabby Shan said...

Congratulations Gail! That is wonderful news! I wish you much success in your new venture!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh how exciting sweetness!
This is great news! Of course, your office personnell leave much to be desired. I too have the same issue as you know. hee,hee,hee.
Love your chocolate Easter bunnies!
shell

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

How exciting Gail! Lots of luck to you. I know your "treats" will do great!

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING!!! It is fun to start a new venture...love the rabbit...looks so real!

Squirrels are doing fine, thank you~ LOL
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Gail,

Congratulations on the new shop! I wish you all the success! I'm sure you'll be successful. Take care of your health, I hope you recover soon, so you can focus and put all your energy in creating!

Pei Li

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Gail ~
That is so very exciting !! You will do wonderful !
xoxo
Lori

Central Arizona Rare Disease Support said...

I'm so happy for you-congratulations! It sounds like Tilly's is really, really close to where I (we?) live, so we'll definitely have to come in there-I want to see your display (and probably pick up a few things too-my brother and his fiance have finally set a date :). Anyway, congratulations again, and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Heather

Unknown said...

YAY GAIL

Congrats on this exciting venture! Soo happy for you! i can just imaginehow busy you will be ,but so worth it! I wish you tons of success!
xo
Janat
Jasnets Creative Pillows

Kimberly said...

How exciting for you. I can't wait to see pictures, when you get everything done!

Blasé said...

yes, it IS hard to find. Good Luck!

Angel Heart Designs said...

Good luck Gail..I know it will be a hit! LOVE the new pillows!!
Cindy:)

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Gail. That is wonderful news!!! I am just thrilled for you and I know your creations will be a hit! I wish you all the best and much success. So feel better soon because you are going to be one busy bee! Take care!
hugs,
Carrie