Monday, January 25, 2010

I am opening up a shop and good help is still hard to find!






I have some really exciting news. I was approached by the ladies of the Briar Patch Marketplace and invited to participate in their new venture. A brick and mortar shop in Mesa. If you are local here in AZ its on Guadalupe and Dobson. It is a partnership with the shop Tilly Attic, which has been in this location many years. I will be displaying all of my creations in my own little room and I am in the process of setting up. I am striving for the look of walking into a shabby chic bakery shop. I am really short on time as I need to be done by February 6th. There will be a special event at the store on the 7th and I need to be in place and ready to go. Wouldnt you know I would come down with something. (again!) I have been fighting a respitory infection and also now babysitting my 4 year old grandson Mikey. But despite all of that, its falling into place nicely ~ thanks to my friends :) Today I just got ahold of an antique stove for display. Here is a few of the projects I am working on. Cupcakes of all sizes, chocolate Easter bunnies too. I will have all sorts of sweet treats from ice cream cones to large layer cakes to display on a pretty cake plate. (All with zero calories!) Even my sister Stephanie will be doing some dessert paintings for your walls. I will be posting before and after photos of my "shop" within a great store!

With all of the work that needs to be done, you would think the help would be a little more, well, HELPFUL. Googars doesnt have the same excitement that I do. Silly boy. (He needs a bigger bed!) lol I will keep you posted and until next time...... gail

14 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Good for you to participate in this shop! I wish you much success. ; )
~Michele

oliviapaige said...

Gail,

That is great new! I'm sure your little "bakery shop" will be a big success!

Vera
Olivia Paige

Shabby Shan said...

Congratulations Gail! That is wonderful news! I wish you much success in your new venture!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Michelle (Shell) May said...

Oh how exciting sweetness!
This is great news! Of course, your office personnell leave much to be desired. I too have the same issue as you know. hee,hee,hee.
Love your chocolate Easter bunnies!
shell

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

How exciting Gail! Lots of luck to you. I know your "treats" will do great!

Susan said...

HOW EXCITING!!! It is fun to start a new venture...love the rabbit...looks so real!

Squirrels are doing fine, thank you~ LOL
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Gail,

Congratulations on the new shop! I wish you all the success! I'm sure you'll be successful. Take care of your health, I hope you recover soon, so you can focus and put all your energy in creating!

Pei Li

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Gail ~
That is so very exciting !! You will do wonderful !
xoxo
Lori

H Bain said...

I'm so happy for you-congratulations! It sounds like Tilly's is really, really close to where I (we?) live, so we'll definitely have to come in there-I want to see your display (and probably pick up a few things too-my brother and his fiance have finally set a date :). Anyway, congratulations again, and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Heather

Janet Bernasconi said...

YAY GAIL

Congrats on this exciting venture! Soo happy for you! i can just imaginehow busy you will be ,but so worth it! I wish you tons of success!
xo
Janat
Jasnets Creative Pillows

Kimberly said...

How exciting for you. I can't wait to see pictures, when you get everything done!

Blasé said...

yes, it IS hard to find. Good Luck!

Angel Heart Designs said...

Good luck Gail..I know it will be a hit! LOVE the new pillows!!
Cindy:)

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Gail. That is wonderful news!!! I am just thrilled for you and I know your creations will be a hit! I wish you all the best and much success. So feel better soon because you are going to be one busy bee! Take care!
hugs,
Carrie