Sunday, March 25, 2012

Its Spring and New Beginnings






I had been working really hard making earrings. I know I had at least 50 new pairs and have taken them to the shops I am in. I totally forgot to take any pictures though! I forgot to take my necklaces though so I was able to get a few pictures of them.

This was a week of many good byes and the start of new beginnings.  My last day at Target was on Wednesday.  I will miss all of my friends very much, but already feel so much less stress.  I wont go into details and bore you, but lets just say, as frustrating as it is to call a call center, just know its not as easy of a job. :)  I have also been a member of Make Mine Pink for 6 years now and due to some health issues it will be closing down for a while.  I know this was an incredibly hard decision for Joyce to make, I will miss everyone so much. But her health and healing from her surgery is the most important thing to all of us.  But its weird, I have been going to Make Mine Pink everyday for years and these ladies have become very good friends, even as far as my friend Caroline in England. I know we will stay in touch and Joyce will be back stronger and better than ever. :)   I have spent the weekend spring cleaning and getting ready to start a new life Monday!!!  I am working temporarily at a CPA office and love it.  Awesome people and a great place to work.  I will be now be spending all of my extra hours getting my samples ready to show at a local quilt shop to teach.  I also hope to be spending some more time at Eden Garden House.





I  had a great time Saturday at Quilters Ranch in Tempe.  They were having an estate sale.  The owner had lost a very good friend who left her all of her sewing treasures.  There were sewing machines, sergers, patterns, books and more fabric than you can imagine.  I know all of the proceeds were going to cancer research.  I was able to find a few things I just could not leave behind.  I love Elenor Peace Bailey Dolls, so I was happy to find some of her patterns.



After the sale outdoors, I strolled inside the shop and found these fat quarters. The more I look at this fabric, the more I love it.  I need to get more.  These are my favorite colors and I love them when they are presented together. (Please forgive the wrinkles!)  Well, I hope you all have a great new spring week ahead.  I know I am looking forward to my new beginnings:)   

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer about Target... but having working in call centers for the past 17 years... I totally understand! Hopefully your CPA job works out good! I loveeeeeeeeee the jewelry and the fabric! BEAUTIFUL work as always!!

ImagiMeri said...

Best of luck to you girlfriend, and what pretty new goodies you've made. I like the fabric, too, but I have to admit the colors remind me of the 70's, which is a good thing, but wow what a blast from the past.

Hugs,
Meri

p.s. there's a craft show on the 14th at Rustic Hutch, outside, you should sign up. I'll be there, so even if you can't be in the show, maybe you can stop by!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Best wishes on your new adventure.
Your necklaces are beautiful, I loved seeing pictures of them.