Sunday, November 18, 2012

Aprils Wedding Flowers



My daughter April is getting married this friday the day after Thanksgiving. She is marrying Mike, and he is a wonderful guy and I believe he has the patience of a Saint. Its always nice to have a new family member in time for the Holidays :)




April asked me to make her flowers.  I have made many of the fabric flowers in various styles, but have used them more as embellishments.  I am not a floral designer at all, BUT I took the project on.  We were looking online and saw some pretty things, but they were about $250.00 for the bridal bouquet. I was being rather full of myself and saying that I may be in the wrong business.  Well, let me tell you,  they earn that money!  This was very labor intensive, it took hours.  And not only that, I do not have the temperment to work with Brides, so I will be keeping my day job after all :) .  I know its your very special day, you are spending ALOT of money and deserve everything to be just as you have imagined it since you were a little girl.  It takes a very special person to work on the other end of that scenario though, and I am not it! lol  In the end though, I am happy with them, and more important April is happy with them.


She is going with more of a nature theme, birds, birdhouses, twigs and the such.  Instead of a traditional ring bearer pillow she is using a birdnest.  :)  They will have the traditional Unity candle and will be lighting one for my grandson Mikey too.  I love this idea.  (By the way, we seem to have an over abundance of Michaels in our family and it keeps things interesting and funny)  So, here is a sneak peak at what I have been up to this last week. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, I am wishing ya all good health, happiness and peace in your Home.      

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are gorgeous Gail!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!! So beautiful!!!!

Carolee Crafts said...

They are so pretty Gail and love the colours, know your DD will love them as made by her Mum. I have done favour before and oh boy do they take a long time, have a great week and enjoy the wedding.