Sunday, January 4, 2009

Show and Tell Monday ~ back to work :)











I hope everyones year is off to a great start. I have been off work for almost 2 weeks and its time to go back in the morning. I dread it, but it will be OK, I really like my job alot, so once I am there it will be good. But this weekend it was down to business getting creative. I have four completed items to show and tell. Several more in the beginning stages. I have so many ideas right now. I cant wait to get them done!




These will be put on my site as soon as I can get some good photos. Its been raining all day and not too much light. Hopefully tomorrow. First I bought this plain dress form at a antique mall. I am sure its not that old, but it needed some attention. I love finding these and fixing them up and I hope to have alot for sale this year. My understanding is that you name your dress forms, so she is Mary, after my Mother. I am on a unique display kick. I found this little frame and easel at IKEA and made something to photograph earrings on. These earrings are a glass rose. I order these beads from Canada, and I love working with them. I also used them in the blue rose bracelet, along with a hand built ceramic rose from Cindy at http://www.angelheartdesigns.com/ . I know you all know how much I love using her roses. We have be coming up with some great new ideas, so stay tuned for that. And last I made a Valentine bracelet. I have had a busy day, and couldnt be happier. LOL Until next time.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, I just love that dress form! Great Job, everything is just so pretty and well placed! So creative you are. The Picture frame stand is fabulous for displaying earrings! Shows very well!

Huggs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Neat display pieces! Love the charm bracelet below also! I have a couple also!

The squirrels say HI!
Susan *dutchrose*

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,
Happy New Year. I really like your earring display. The frame is so elegant.

Just a bed of roses said...

Isnt it nice to have some creative time...you did well with it too Gail.

Lilli Blue said...

Love, love ,love the dress figure. You did a nice job dolling it up.The picture frame will be a great prop for you. It really gives an elegant touch. Have a fun week even if it does mean going back to work. Work is a good thing. Lilli

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Gail,

Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting my blog! The dress form is lovely, and the new jewelry looks wonderful! I hope you have a smashing 2009!

Pei Li

Carolee Crafts said...

Thank you for sharing your creations, the blue flower design is my favourite.

Thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Gail

Love the dress form and adore the little picture frame you used to showcase the earrings.

Lisa

Beth said...

hi gail !! happy new year !!! heres to a wonderful year ahead for 2009 - love all your new pieces and that frame is a great way to display the earrings - Love it !!!
xo,
beth

Patricia said...

Gail, I just love the creative things you come up with to display your items. That frame for the earrings is fabulous. Mary is quite lovely as well!

Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Gail...LOVE your new displays, and new pics~ so pretty, and it's nice to see where my babies go...LOL can't wait to see the new designs made up..
Cindy :) (())

Deb said...

Hi Gail....your dress form is beautiful! I've been looking for one to "upgrade" for awhile but they are hard to find in my area. Love your jewelry as always!

Hugs,
Debbie

Eileen & Karen said...

Wow Gail! I just love your new items, especially that dress form! Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Gail. I love the dress form! Can't get enough of them. Beautiful pieces this week. I always look forward to seeing what you have each week. Take care.
hugs,
Carrie

cathy said...

Great display idea Gail! You come up with the best displays!
Beautiful jewelry as always!

Unknown said...

Hi Gail!

You have no idea how much I am dying to buy a dress form! WOW! You blew me away with how you decorated it. It looks beautiful. And the jewelry is amazing. You are so talented! WTG pinkie!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows