Sunday, November 21, 2010

Long Post/Long Overdue :)











I have been insanely, crazy busy trying to get my new studio area done. After a couple of unexpected delays and that annoying thing called my job (jk):) I am pretty much done. I never dreamed it would take this long, but I am very happy with the end results. This has been a true test to patience. I have not hardly seen my kids or Grandkids, and I have not seen many of my friends in 3 months time. I have several hundred emails backed up to go through. You get the idea,,, its been a mess.
Now I have some pictures to show you. The new area now called my studio used to be my living room/dining room/kitchen and entry way to my apartment. Its definately not the traditional set up for a home, but its perfect for me. I am happy with being non-traditional. The desk, sewing machine and large room is my work area. What used to be the dining room is now a sitting area with the TV and that flows into my small kitchen. The front entry is an odd little space, but I put my antique stove there and I made a little sitting area. I got the wall picture of the candles and flowers for my birthday, and low and behold in my stash of old linens I found the table cloth and the small pillow. Vintage 80's and looks good as new. It matches the wall stickers perfectly. Woo Hoo, saved more money. I will be honest, I spent less than $100.00 on this makeover. Its all repurposed from other areas of my house. I used my vintage suitcases to store my patterns in. I took what was in my living room and made a pretty bright yellow and citrus colored guest bedroom. So, I hope I am not boring you but here are a few photos. I do have one more space I am working on, and its going to be very fancy, but thats not quite ready so I will post it shortly. I want it to be perfect first. Have a great week! Happy Creating.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your new studio, it's awesome!

Patricia said...

Gail, I love your way of thinking!! Think I may have to take a page out of your book and do away with a formal living room and use it as a studio. Makes so much more sense. Yours has come out beautiful, so glad the outcome was as good as your idea. Enjoy,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Well, kitty seems very happy with the new arrangement. It's good to think outside the box, sometimes. My workspace is right when you walk in the door of my house, too - it is supposed to be the dining room but it's just me, so I'm using the space for my office and art space. The dining table shares part of the living room and I have my sewing area set up in my bedroom. There are some advantages to living alone! Your space looks great!

Mary Patterson said...

WOW, Gail it all looks SO very great! I know you are glad it is finished. You did a super job.
Mary Patterson
Mary's Cottage Treasures

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! It looks amazing Gail! I love love love love all the cupcakes! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Carolee Crafts said...

Gail, it is beautiful and I am so pleased for you, you deserve this space and you an have your home as you want it. Thank you for sharing

Carol said...

Bet you're glad that project is nearly complete! - but oh so worth it Gail. Love your new space and applaud your "out of the box" thinking in setting it up.

Carol
Business In THE Bag
Esprit de Joie

Char said...

I think your new makeover looks perfect. I see lots of goodies in there to play with and have fun with. If there's a room you don't use, why not change it into something you need. You just gave me a wonderful idea. With 4 grandchildren I had decided to use an unused guest room to create a playroom.....I think I will decorate the walls with cupcakes!!!So much fun, thanks, and have a Happy Thanksgiving Gail, Char

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

ahh I know you feel great getting this done...it looks wonderful !

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving (())

Unknown said...

Hi Gail!

I can see that you have worked so hard organizing your beautiful studio. I just love how you displayed the teddy bears. And I love the dress forms too. And your kitty is adorable. So happy for you. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
Hope all is well with you. I know you had a craft show on Thanksgiving. Hope it was fun. The craft show I was in was so so. Could have been better. Enjoy your Sunday Pinkie. xxoo

Janet

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's beautiful sweetness! I love everything you did!
xx, shell

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Gail,
WOW what a fabulous makeover for little money. I love using what we have to redesign around the house. You did an awesome job and I love your studio space.
I know it was a lot of work, but the reward so worth it.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I will also repost when my ornaments arrive.
Looking forward to your ornament post too.

So enjoyed my visit Gail. Have a wonderful evening and see you again soon.
Merry Christmas and Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

trade show displays said...

Amazing and nice collections of shows.Good job! you did very well for posting this very informative blog. Hope to hear a lot from you soon. Thanks for sharing!